Monday, 18 February 2008

My tonsils have shrunk !!!!

I looked into the back of mouth today (as I do sometimes), and I got the shock of my life.......My tonsils seemed to be gone !!!

All my childhood days, I've had tonsils like balloons......and during my adult days, they never reduced in size. But now...(2 weeks after treatment end), my tonsils look like anyone elses!!! - TINY !! What has happened?

I wonder whether this isnt the work of the interferon.

Last week I had my end of treatment PCR test, also the routine blood tests. Therese hasnt emailed them to me yet. I keep my fingers crossed. If my tonsils are anything to go by, I think my liver must be looking quite sharp !!!!

2 comments:

msb said...

That's really interesting.

Me said...

Since the tonsils are part of the lymphatic system I have to wonder if they were filtering or containing the virus. Now that they don't have to work that hard they're back to normal?