I'm at the end of week 36 of treatment, and just yesterday I went to the hairdressers to have what has got to be the shortest haircut you have ever seen in anyone who once had what has got to be the thickest hair I've ever known. Of all side effects on this treatment, this is the easiest in some respects, as I have been reassured that the hair DOES return quickly after treatment is finished, and in all its former glory..
Since week 18 of treatment, the hair has been getting thinner and sparcer, and falling out, particularly around the hairline and nape. Along the way, I've collected enough hair to form a hair piece or wig. In fact I've woven the hair into dreadlocks, and it's frieked some of my friends out! But for me, I needed to hold on to it.......and besides it's just yet another art installation.....lots of them in our home, of one kind or another.
Today I was on the bus, and found myself staring at a 9 month old baby.....not at the baby, but at its head, its hair......reminding me of what mine now must look like......very fine hair, on a once unseen round head. Not seen myself like this ......ever, except in photos of me when I was say 9 months.
I'm seeing the Hepatitis nurse tomorrow to have week 36 bloods taken, and to collect 4 weeks of Pegasys and Ribavirin (and Citalopram) to take me up to week 40.
Since week 18 of treatment, the hair has been getting thinner and sparcer, and falling out, particularly around the hairline and nape. Along the way, I've collected enough hair to form a hair piece or wig. In fact I've woven the hair into dreadlocks, and it's frieked some of my friends out! But for me, I needed to hold on to it.......and besides it's just yet another art installation.....lots of them in our home, of one kind or another.
Today I was on the bus, and found myself staring at a 9 month old baby.....not at the baby, but at its head, its hair......reminding me of what mine now must look like......very fine hair, on a once unseen round head. Not seen myself like this ......ever, except in photos of me when I was say 9 months.
I'm seeing the Hepatitis nurse tomorrow to have week 36 bloods taken, and to collect 4 weeks of Pegasys and Ribavirin (and Citalopram) to take me up to week 40.
6 comments:
My hair came back after I stopped treatment just as thick as before. :+} Thank you for your comment on the Forum
Hi evane...I'll put a link to your blog on my blog if you don't mind......as i've said other places the hair looks good.......take care ...jb
The hair does grow back, it's a substantial price to pay for a chance at a virus free life - when you're in the thick of things, as you are now, it seems cruel and that it will never end, but there are very few things about this disease that aren't cruel. I've said it before - you look beautiful.
Hi, I'm on week 28 and my hair doesn't fall out, it just withers and dies. I shaved my head around week 18 and it's easier to live with. Here's wishing you an easy ride home.
Your short hair looks quite good on you, really. You look quite modern.
We all gotta Rock On
An every hairs saying "I'll be back" believe me..Wossat Bogey 'hair today gone tomorrow'...Nah tis other way round dumpkoff
The Dude
Post a Comment